Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Reading Notes: Rama's Quest Part B

TitleThe Indian Story Book: Rama's Quest Part B
Author: Richard Wilson
Illustrator: Frank Pape
Year: 1914

- Sita's overseers have compassion for Sita after Ravana tells her that Rama is dead and tell her the truth in order to comfort her. I could tell a story more in depth about this exchange. I could also tell a story that takes place long after the battle about Sita having her favorite overseer as a good friend and Maiden.

- In the story, night falls during the battle for Lanka, but the stars refuse to shine on a scene so terrible and strange...I could tell a story of a conversation between a few stars and the moon about the events that are taking place.

- Ravana's brother is described as a "jolly giant." I could tell a story about him being woken to fight Rama's army, but instead making friends with everyone.

- Ravana hits Lakshmana with a spear, prompting Hanuman to go to the Himalayas to get a magic, medical plant. I could tell a story about Hanuman's journey.

- Rama's charioteer tells Rama to aim for Ravana's heart as "it is the heart, not the head, that is the seat of evil." I find this to be a very interesting quote.


Sita Tested by Fire
Image Source: Wikimedia Commons

1 comment:

  1. Hi again, Jeremy! I decided to check out your reading note posts since I had already seen your introduction. I think the way that you take reading notes is really effective - I'm trying to find better ways to take notes for myself, and I really like the way you do it! You keep it concise and think of ways you can write stories, and your add a picture at the end that you may even include in a story. I should try that!

    ReplyDelete